RumX Rarities Experience: Day 11

Hey RumX Community!

It’s Day 11 of our RumX Rarities adventure! Tried the sample yet? Share your guesses and impressions below - distillery, age, ABV, and taste notes!

We’ll reveal today’s rum at 21:30. Stay tuned! :smirk::clock9:

Cheers and happy guessing! :partying_face::tumbler_glass:

Today's rum is:

Distilia Enmore Floral Rum Series Victoria Amazonica (Catawiki) REV, 1994, 28yr, 51,8% | RX16489 | RumX

Did you recognise it? Please leave your comments and thoughts below

3 Likes

I will unfortunately not be able to attend the meeting tonight :frowning:

However, considering it’s the last spot and regarding all the clues we have (Guyana, pictures and all) I will say this one is the Uitvlugt ULR 1997 from Velier !

6 Likes

Haha !

Nez lourd et profond, bois vernis, vieux cuir usé, fumé mais aussi des notes d’herbes amères.
La bouche, après la morsure de l’alcool apparaît sans lourdeur presque avec de la fraîcheur sans doute grâce aux herbes amères.
La finale est super longue et harmonieuse.
Un super rhum !
L’alcool n’est peut-être pas tout à fait bien intégré, mais je chipote.
Comme un goût de réglisse en finale.

Alors les herbes amères si j’en crois TheRhumHoe, ce serait un Versailles ?
Possible, car en toute fin, un arôme de mine de crayon qui traîne y fait penser aussi.

6 Likes

I don’t think that’s the Uitvlugt 97. It’s not oily enough.

Nose: Woody, leathery, peppery, minty
Palate: Wood, lots of it, mint, alc superbly integrated, must be old - or at least tastes that way. bitter herbs, got them, too.
Cannot hold it in my mouth for too long, the amount of saliva it draws is ungodly. Remains forever in the mouth, licorice - yupp.

Can’t tell. ULR would surprise me, I remember it being different. Think Guyana, not sure which though.

far more important: thanks for this! this was quite a journey and I am grateful for it. Awesome from top to bottom. good job guys!

9 Likes

Obviously it would be grotesque to take my guess that seriously since I haven’t tasted the rhum (even Chuck Norris couldn’t guess it right lol)

That means we may have been tricked too…. :open_mouth::thinking:

In that case it could be the famous « contribution from Distilia » so maybe there bottling from the Greenheart Collection with their REV 94 or MEV 90

7 Likes

Enmore 1985

4 Likes

Meinste? Finde der hier ist zu dunkel.

Leichte Kräuternote, aber auch verbranntes Karamell. Tippe auf einen gefärbten Versailles.

5 Likes

Schwierig aber VSG denke ich passt schon

3 Likes
Today's rum is:

Distilia Enmore Floral Rum Series Victoria Amazonica (Catawiki) REV, 1994, 28yr, 51,8% | RX16489 | RumX

10 Likes

Nice ! Was right on the Enmore type, not the bottling ! :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Ah Mist REV :laughing:

5 Likes

Thanks a lot to the RumX team that made it possible !

Really interesting stuff here.

I mean the whole RumX Rarities.

5 Likes

Schöner REV! Eher auf der eleganten Seite und nicht volle Breitseite. Mit der Distribution als Catawiki-Exclusive bin ich zwar nicht einverstanden, aber um so schöner den trotzdem mal verkosten zu können.

Sehr schöne Auswahl! Freu mich schon auf das 12. Sam… moment mal. Oh nein… :sob:

Vielen Dank für die hammermäßige Auswahl und die ganze Arbeit die damit einher ging!

7 Likes

Yes, huge props to RumX Team for sourcing such outstanding rums and sharing them to the community, that was a delightful and exciting experience ! Please keep going with such packages in the future ! :grin:

7 Likes

only 3 month to go until the start of thr Advent calendar :wink: one idea is to make a price-to-value calendar in order to contrast a bit the recent high profile calendars. What do you think about this idea?

10 Likes

Danke auch von mir für dieses tolle Erlebnis und natürlich vor allem für das Set. Meine Finger glühen immer noch und der Meme Ordner quillt über aber das war es definitiv wert! :grin:

5 Likes

That’s a good idea. Possibly doing so can increase the number of calendar sets, as the used bottles are not that rare.

5 Likes

Auch von meiner Seite herzlichen Dank an alle Beteiligten für die Mühen. Ich habe mich dieses Mal entschieden, die Rums nicht blind zu verkosten, da ich 1) terminlich recht eingespannt war und 2) gerade diese tollen Tropfen im vollen Bewusstsein ihrer Reputation und Rarität genießen wollte. War eine wundervolle Reise durch die Rum-Welt!

7 Likes