Salon du Rhum 2023

Hi all,

In October Salon du Rhum takes place in Spa (BE).

I was talking yesterday with my friend: we’re going the entire weekend and will be staying there for two nights.

When we were discussing sleeping options, we came up with the idea to ask if there are other people on here that want to attend.

If anyone would be interested, we can discuss renting a house for the weekend together and make it a bit of a “RumX-event”.

Anyway, the offer is here. Think it over… or not :grin:

Cheers

:tumbler_glass:

14 Likes

I wont make it this year but it’s in the planning for 2024 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Same here. My Vacation days for this year are already planned up. Next year im interested in Spa and Paris though :innocent:

4 Likes

How much are the tickets?

I will think about it, Spa is “only” 5 1/2 hours away the same as berlin from me

3 Likes

Depends what ticket you want.

Entrance tickets are €25/day.
Collector ticket is €65. You can use that bracelet on both days.
Master classes are €15 per master class

4 Likes

Thanx for the info :+1:

2 Likes

You’re welcome

5 Likes

Having a great time at SDR in Spa with @RareAkuma Already had the opportunity to taste some great rums, reviews following soon.
Anyone else attending?

7 Likes

Yeah baby!
Rum has not been a priority lately, but this weekend it is!

17 Likes

Today was awesome, looking forward to tomorrow! :heart_eyes:

19 Likes

What’s the score with the coroni? Do you pay to sample them or is it via a token system?

4 Likes

It’s a token system, but 1 token = €1, so it’s the same. I was glad to try the Velier royal navy for €5 :heart:

It was @StefanoCaroni’s stand by the way. It was nice to have time for a little chat

7 Likes

Day 2 has started with.a very nice daiquiri and a little something from my birth year. The 69% is smooth but at the same time it kicks like a mule :sweat_smile:

15 Likes

Could you taste the „Les Ephemeres 5“?

4 Likes

Yes, it was available.

No, I didn’t try it, because there were more interesting things for me :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

It’s not even ten o’clock and I’m wasted as fuck :rofl:
But anyway, here are some pictures :wink:

23 Likes

Thanks for covering this event, Tom. I wish I had been there to sample some samples. Enjoy!

3 Likes

I really had a great time at SDR this year, and got to try a lot of new things. Made the concious choice to try some atypical things (rather than just whatever is hyped atm) and focus on speaking with people with more rum knowledge than myself.

Some exhibitors were really nice and informative, such as the guys from Nobilis. I really recommend checking them out if you can.

Other exhibitors were rather disappointing, primarily because of odd pricing for samples. For example:
€6/cl for the FSQ Touchstone. That’s €420/bottle.
€8/cl for the Unshared Cask or the VAST. That’s €400-560/bottle.
€10/cl for the new CDI TDL '03. That’s €700/bottle.

How can they ask those prices with a straight face? :rofl:

13 Likes

Luckiky some of the nicer exhibitors will let you try stuff for free once they notice you’re a real rum nerd. :stuck_out_tongue:

The guys from Nobilis were indeed very nice and apparently it was the first time they had a stand at a festival. They’ve only done masterclasses so far.

As for the new CDI TDL '03. I don’t get the €200+ pricing as it wasn’t that great in my opinion.

9 Likes

We’ve had a blast. The guys from Nobilis were indeed very nice and kind, they even gave us free glasses. We did not attend any masterclass this year, but tasted A LOT of stuff. On Sunday everyone was extremely generous, we got many sample for free. Robert Polo from Warehouse#1 is also such a great guy. I’ve bought some nice things, but still feeling a bit disappointed that some things were not or no longer available (first world problems). We ended up at Boteye yesterday evening, a local cocktailbar where Cédric serves great cocktails. Maybe I should have taken more pictures, but it is what it is. So here you go.

18 Likes