Talking about Cognac

Hi everybody,

Not sure to be at the right place but I’m improving (and buying) a lot of Cognac these lasts months.
I’d like to exchange with people doing to to share tastings, ideas to purchase.

So I do my first one cause this Cognac is really great and quite cheap : Fanny Fougerat “Le Notoire” Très Vieux Fins Bois 44,8%. Huge fruits, no wood at all. Serge Valentin did a nice review here.

Really great !!!

17 Likes

Is this the one we drank yesterday?

3 Likes

No yesterday it was a new one also for me, recommanded by friend : François Peyrot Lot 60 Grande Champagne 42%

With undisclosed Culebras.

Next time, you will taste Le Notoire.

8 Likes

Le notoire sounds great :+1:t2: Around 150€ on the first hits it seems.

3 Likes

Coronas Gigantes? :grinning:

3 Likes

We had custom culebras. But I love the Coronas Gigantes :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I have limited experience with cognac, at the moment this is the only bottle I have:

I can highly recommend the independent bottler Malternative (Webwinkel - malternative-belgium). For me it’s a local guy called Pieter Knapen who really knows his stuff. He also has some GotA bottles in his shop en knows Sacha from Armagnac.de as well.

13 Likes

Ah well… :joy:

10 Likes

I sourced 1 bottled recently but not tasted : supposed to be really great (mean 91-92 for bloggers).
Good choice for the first one :+1:

And recently too, I bought the last one from their bottlings called Les Bons Vivants 2 which is a Petite Champagne 1973 from Grosperrin (53,6%) : first nose a bit fruity but not that much, it takes time then it opens a lot on fruits and spices with a very long finish. Very great.

Still available in belgium : Cognac Lot 73 Grosperrin — Care for Craft Spirits

And Germany : https://www.armagnac.de/products/malternativebelgium-lesbonsvivantsno2

12 Likes

Nice opportunities with Vallein-Tercinier here at Cognac Paradise : Cognac Vallein Tercinier - Sonderaktion

5 Likes

Fougerat Le Notoire, available in Germany

7 Likes

Very nice Vallein Tercinier 1970-2019 Petite Champagne 52%

11 Likes

Falls jemand mal reinschauen möchte: Bei Weisshaus gibt es bis 28.07. 10% Rabatt auf Cognac und Armagnac.

Ich kenne mich da allerdings nicht aus und kann nicht beurteilen, ob was Tolles dabei ist.

1 Like

Oh yes, bought them as birthday gift to myself (I’m born 1970) and he doesn’t disappoint. Unfortunately i pour it out some days ago…

2 Likes

Jahrgang 1967 jemand?
Da scheint ja was in Planung #Lheraud #GotA
Und wenn man die Bilder so sieht scheint es auch zu schmecken :grin:

3 Likes

Does someone know where I can fin these 2 bottlings for Kirsch ?

• Vallein-Tercinier L79 52,2% Petite Champagne
  • Vallein-Tercinier L58 51,6% Petite Champagne
    Called also “Journal des Kirsch”

Thx

2 Likes

Doesn’t look as if they have been released yet. They most likely will be available at Whizita.de, they are an important seller for VT and Kirsch. Unfortunately, they don’t ship to other EU countries, but probably someone from this group will be able to help. The same is true for whic.de

2 Likes

OK thanks : yes I know it will be difficult to ship to France but someone from this community offers me to ship them. We will see

2 Likes

Another Cognac Release Next week. With a Lot of :peach: according to Serge

3 Likes

Sounds very interesting. I love peach in Cognac! :slight_smile:

6 Likes