What are you drinking / random rum talk

Rumology Plantation single cask 2022 tasting tonight

Fiji was the winner for me tonight

11 Likes

Giving the Foursquare Excellence Rhum MBFS a second try accompanied by a Partagas 8-9-8 from 2013. Enjoy your weekend!

9 Likes

From the new plantation single casks, I tasted today the panama and the jamaica 2007. Two nice bottles for the price! (around 70€). Honestly it’s good rhums at fair price.
Concerning the finish ironroot bourbon. If you don’t read it before, you don’t know it after frankly (after all, it’s normal too : a rum spends 15 years in bourbon barrels so the bourbon finish is really … not very surprising we’ll say).
I can’t wait to taste the 2009 Trinidad, my salesman told me that it was clearly his favorite one.
He also explained to me that the stores choose casks so there are differences between the bottlings even if they can be very slight.

5 Likes

I found the Trinidad not bad, reminded me a bit of the La Maison du Rhum Trinidad (https://link.rum-x.com/RdAA). But a bit too sweet for my taste yesterday compared to the other ones.
I liked the Fiji (Rozelieures whiskey), Guyana (Teeling whiskey) and Jamaica (Ironroot bourbon) the most of the line-up.

The Jamaica Bardstown finish was also in it, but was a SC from last year. There was a problem with the labels from one Barbados bottling so it missed the deadline.

4 Likes

Maybe this is a better picture of the full line-up :innocent:

10 Likes

:biohazard::test_tube::skull_and_crossbones::heart_eyes::tumbler_glass:

18 Likes

TECA RULEZ!!! :metal:t2: :metal:t2: :metal:t2:

4 Likes

…muss die Flasche nochmal rauskramen, in den ersten 6 Monaten fand ich den quasi ungenießbar. In der letzten Verkostung aber schon deutlich besser…bei dem scheint eine lange Oxidation das Profil deutlich zu verbessern. Wer hat ähnliche Erfahrungen mit dem Biest gemacht?

5 Likes

Haven’t had that one just yet… but I do love TECA… :drooling_face:

2 Likes

The 2003 is supposed to be a different kind of beast even for people who love the high ester LP profiles but haven’t tried it yet. Glad you enjoy it

4 Likes

My 3 favorites from the VSGB Saint James Vertical Tasting. :heart_eyes::tumbler_glass:

13 Likes

10 Likes

Sunday afternoon delight :tumbler_glass:

10 Likes

9 Likes

Am heutigen Sonntag Nachmittag! :raising_hand_man:t2:

5 Likes

I like this one!

4 Likes

Mein neuer Rum,
Ich werde heute sehr wahrscheinlich mal eine Verkostung machen, das hatte ich nämlich vor lauter Entspannung und Genuss am Samstag ganz vergessen. :joy:

10 Likes

Da bin ich gespannt auf deine Meinung! Ich hatte auf dem GRF den Versailles mit White Port Cask Finish verkostet und war sehr angetan.

5 Likes

Ich hoffe die Verkostungsnotiz war etwas hilfreich. Ich habe jetzt gerade den Bellamys Guyana 2012 im Glas und der ist im Vergleich total trocken, holzig und „dreckig“.
:man_shrugging:t2:
Schon abgefahren, wie sich der Geschmack einerseits entwickelt und sehr stark von der Tagesform abhängt.

5 Likes

Swell de Spirits Travellers and a 2015 Siglo IV.

6 Likes