What are you drinking / random rum talk

Die anderen 2002er außer der RA haben alle wenige, aber immer top Bewertung.

Zeit für ein cooler Agricole aus Madeira. Wünsche euch allen ein gutes Wochenende :blush:

17 Likes

Tonight it’s the “salon du whisky and rhum” of my shop. Lots of rhums to taste.
No real rarities but very interesting products to taste.

8 Likes

And at CDI i tasted the great white Jamaica :grin:
I will share it soon :wink: the pre split is coming

9 Likes

I‘m looking forward to your review of the Great white series

2 Likes

I only tried the great white Jamaica, a New Yarmouth. Well, that was a … great white rum :rofl: I mean if you like a very jamaican profile : esters, fruits! Very good imo.
The 3 bottles are quite expensive, but interesting to taste in a split.

4 Likes

On the discoveries yesterday evening : the ferroni and the ricci rhums

At Ricci, I found the selections very well done, the rums nice and balanced. They were not exceptional rums but all 4 were excellent products for the price.
Surprisingly, I think the entry-level Dynasty was really good for its price. Excellent rhm to offer for not very expensive for example.

The montebello rums in 6 years and 8 years were also very good, even if I admit I prefer the Martinique style to the Guadeloupe style. The wood is much less marked than on the Martinique, the fresh cane and the vegetable side reigns supreme but it is really not bad. I would have to try to find some old Montebello to discover more.

Big disappointment at chairman reserve : I found the 2009 vintage not good, while the 2005 was a great rhum for its price… The 2009 is a wet wood juice… unpleasant in mouth.

7 Likes

Da kam heute ein schönes Paket, leider fehlten da 2 x Saint James Ephemeres No. 7 und Black Tot Master Blender`s Reserve 2022. Arbeiten kann ich aber ohne probleme mit den gelieferten Flaschen :upside_down_face:

17 Likes

I had the RN Diamond and this was a good rhum imo though I’m not a huge fan of a whisky finish. I don’t know the others.

2 Likes

I think finishes can be good as long as they don’t dominate the origin :blush:

3 Likes

It doesn’t always have to be something expensive you know… :grin:

4 Likes

Agreed… they’re supposed to bring something extra but still respect the original terroir.

That’s a bit of a base rule for me. But, as with everything, there are always exceptions.

2 Likes

That OFTD is a biest of a rum…. The Guyana node is apparent but still a nice blend, and the abv is exceptionally well integrated. Using it as a mixer for what’s perhaps my favorite Mai tai recipe (3cl Velier 2016 <>H, 2cl el dorado 15 and 1cl of the oftd) …. But i always also enjoy to take a small sip of it just for the taste !

Huge fan!

6 Likes

That sounds like one hell of a Mai Tai as well :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Yeah, one is usually more than enough to throw any plans I might have had out the window :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Giving the Worthy Park Single Estate 2006 another try after a looong day at work.

8 Likes

My bottle kill of the day. Absolutely stunning Agricole… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::melting_face:

12 Likes

Yes, the Corman Collins in that old style bottle. Great rhum!
I wish I had tasted it before I enjoyed the agricole ones so much. Because already at the time I found it excellent while I did not appreciate yet this type of rum to their right value. But it is this kind of bottles (with the La Mauny of Chantal Comte, particularly the 2001) that sent me into this agricole universe!

7 Likes

Totally get it… agricole is an aquired taste for me as well. It was Bielle that pulled the trigger, the Rhum Rhum Libération 2012 if I remember correct. Completely blew my mind.

3 Likes

Foursquare Excellence Rhum MBFS to celebrate the weekend.

3 Likes