What are you drinking / random rum talk

In the evening, and very little over a longer time. Usually while doing something else, like reading, surfing or watching TV. Having little pauses where I give my attention to the glass.

Right now not at all, though. There are at least 3 different infections going around here, very heavily, and I have 2 kids. As alcohol compromises the immune reaction, I wait this out.

7 Likes

Has anybody tasted the Nobilis Long Pond 2006, yet?

Long Pond was my distillery of the year. I enjoyed the The Duchess/Sample X LPS, the Tara LPS (it’s really great and still available), the SBS white Teca, the NRJ STC*E.

The LSO is a low ester rum, but it has been aged 14 years tropically

5 Likes

Not yet, hoping for a bottle split. I assume it will be comparable to the recent swell de spirits ITP bottling. RX12491 pretty similar stats (LSO is the same ester mark as ITP)

3 Likes

I’ve missed the Swell, but there is a Barikenn with similar specs:

ITP 2007 13 years tropical maturation. 140€ (shipping extra) for 70cl isn’t too bad.

7 Likes

A bit of relaxation for the misses and me in the midst of a mental period

9 Likes

I just bought the bottle. I’ll make a split in January :wink:

10 Likes

A little of this and a little of that…

14 Likes

9 Likes

Kimchi Quesadillas and Hot Buttered Rum :drooling_face::heart_eyes:

20 Likes

I know that it’s a little early in the day but I have been wanting to try this sample badly.

12 Likes

It’s Friday afternoon. I’ll allow it :joy:

9 Likes

My Tasting-Set for this evening :yum:

18 Likes

Plans for the afternoon.

16 Likes

That Clarendon is fucking awesome! :heart_eyes: at least I think it’s that one… don’t know if Nobilis has bottled multiple

8 Likes

Good to know. I should get to it in 30 minutes. :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

I remember tasting one at Salon du Rhum, it was very good!

3 Likes

They still have a few bottles left on the Nobilis website for 114€ shipped.

4 Likes

It is that one, I remember the price :sweat_smile: if you’re anything like me, you’re gonna love it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I’m loving it. The perfect rum for a cold winter day: strong, warm and complex. The high ABV works perfectly. It needs to sit a while for all the flavors to come out. I do not regret purchasing this bottle blind.

6 Likes

… einen tollen. Samstag euch allen :v:

20 Likes