What are you drinking / random rum talk

Tasted the Uitvlugt 1989 at salon du Rhum. I liked it a lot!

2 Likes

It’s a little over 400€ on their website. That’s a hefty price tag :sweat_smile:

I’m enjoying the barrel project from @SaibotZtar

I’m so happy I was able to participate during the evolution of this project and the outcome is stunning. Well done Saibot.
Tonight the Mai Tai test will follow

20 Likes

Spoiler-Alert?! :innocent:

18 Likes

Schönes Wochende :tumbler_glass::relaxed::jamaica:

19 Likes

Oh, als ich daran erinnert wurde, dass heute Caroni Day ist, hatte ich mir schon diesen ausdrucksstarken Rum von Guadeloupe eingegossen. :man_shrugging::wink:

16 Likes

Hm, Sollte ich dem Rum noch ne zweite Chance geben?Irgendwie sind wir beim Rumfest keine Freunde geworden :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

auf jeden Fall! Finde die Zirbelkiefer-Noten genial!

8 Likes

Kann nur zustimmen!

5 Likes

My plans for the afternoon and into the evening: sampling samples and smoke cigars. :upside_down_face:

17 Likes

A drop of cognac from 1928… :heart_eyes:

15 Likes

Grande champagne! 1928!! Ouhouh punaise!

8 Likes

Ein toller Tropfen…

16 Likes

Nice lineup! The RDL Trinidad is awesome, enjoy!

7 Likes

Thank you! :grinning:

6 Likes

Mal sehen, ob mein Geschmackssinn nach Corona noch da ist. 2 jahre nichts bekommen und jetzt holt mich die Scheiße doch noch.

Heute ist der erste Tag mit negativen Tests wieder. Hatte im Prinzip 3 Tage eine Erkältung, also denke Ich, bin Ich glimpflich davon gekommen.

Zusammen mit der Schokolade muss es der RX13189 (Spirit of Rum Travellers Rumclub Private Selection Ed. 29 Belize Rum (DOK Cask Finish), 2014, 7 years 1mo, 65,7% | RX13189 | RumX) richten.

Schönen Sonntag Abend an alle und bleibt gesund!

16 Likes

Die 65,7% sollten dann auch die letzten Viren abtöten :tumbler_glass: :crossed_swords: :microbe: Gute Besserung! (das HGB im Hintergrund lässt alte Erinnerungen an das Grundstudium aufkommen, als Mai Tai & Co noch eher den Zweck hatten, in den Clubs abends auf ‚Betriebstemperatur‘‘ zu kommen :wink:)

6 Likes

HD 1990 C<>H :heart_eyes:

18 Likes

How do you guys taste your rum? I most often sit down with it for some time until the glass is empty. But now with the advent calendar I try to taste half of the sample in the afternoon and the other half around/after the rum has been revealed.

4 Likes

I only drink (and smoke cigars) when I’m alone, otherwise my better half gives me the evil eye…

I like to take my time with the rums I drink, sit back and enjoy my me time with a few small glasses and a good cigar or two. When I’m in the mood I have two cigars in a row and 4 or 5 1cl glasses of rum with them.

4 Likes