What's the best Caroni of all time? 🏆

Can you remember the feeling of excitement before trying your favorite rum for the first time? Or how about the amazing moment when you finally got to taste that rare rum you’ve been hunting for?

We’re excited to see your comments and wish all participants the best of luck! :four_leaf_clover::tumbler_glass:

19 Likes

What’s the best Caroni you’ve ever tasted? :heart_eyes::tumbler_glass:

6 Likes

I like to have different point of view than have the others, but this time I need to confirm your findings. (except for Caroni Paradise, that I have not tasted yet)

out of 79 Velier Caroni tasted, 135 total

Btw - the worst is Beast :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Didn’t have the pleasure to taste such as many Caronis as you guys (and I think nearly noone has :smile:), but so far, „The Last“ is one of my all-time favorites :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

meine Top 5 Velier Caronis sind

1. RX38 (Last)
  2. RX258 (92er)
  3. RX249 (34th)
  4. RX9145 (Breeze)
  5. RX3460 (Lions)
11 Likes

Indeed, that event sounds like it must have been epic!

I’m still early in my Caroni exploration, having only tasted 6 so far. I’ve stashed a few more samples for special occasions. Thus far, my top picks are the Caroni 21 1996 (RX39) and Caroni 23 HTR 1994 (RX147).

I eagerly look forward to trying many more!

Cheers,

Q.

5 Likes

Unfortunately, I don’t have many Caroni bottles (at least 5 + the VSGB), but I have been able to secure a few samples. Of course the Last is fantastic. But I’ve also really enjoyed the 34th so far. But I have fond memories of the evening before the 10th GRF. That’s when you, Olli, gave us a glass of the 74 Bristol. And although, or perhaps, because it was only bottled at 46%, I was totally blown away by the flavour. Perhaps not the best Caroni, but one that made a really strong impression on me.

14 Likes

I used to have a full collection from the start up until mid 2011 where I got divorced and had to leave my collection in China.

My favourites over time are these.

11 Likes

:sleepy::sleepy::sleepy::sleepy::sleepy::sleepy:

2 Likes

Meine Top Caroni Verkostungen halten sich in Grenzen
 :sweat_smile:
The Last ist mein absoluter Favorit

Sicherlich gibt’s in der Caroni Welt noch viel zu entdecken (fĂŒr mich :sweat_smile:)

10 Likes

The best, for me, was Caroni Employees 6th Release “Sonny Black” Bridgelal and Caroni Employees 5th Release 25 Y.O. 1996 Full Proof - “Roop” Toolsie. I also love “The Last” a lot, but those two Employee-Releases left a lasting impression.

10 Likes

I lost my Caroni collection but I managed to “flee” bringing my 2.5 year old son and a suitcase with me and he was worth far more to me :blush:

23 Likes

Ich hatte leider bisher auch nicht das VergnĂŒgen viele zu testen.
Platz 1: RX38
Platz 2: RX17347
EnttÀuscht hat mich etwas der RX17542.

5 Likes

Das ist eine sehr sehr gute Einstellung!

5 Likes

Hatte bisher auch noch nicht so viele Caronis im Glas und noch weniger von Velier. Einige Samples unterschiedlicher AbfĂŒller haben sich mittlerweile angesammelt und warten auf eine Vergleichsverkostung :slight_smile:
Mein bisheriger Spitzenreiter ist The Last RX38 (allerdings ohne Bewertung da auf ner Messe verkostet)

7 Likes

Was gibt es schöneres, als das in so einer Situation sagen zu können

4 Likes

Yes, this story is incredible. Thank you for sharing it with me. And yes, your child is worth more than all the Caroni in the world!!!

6 Likes

FĂŒr mich bislang Dennis “X” Gopaul, RX383, obwohl es ja ein 98er ist. Vollkommen verwirrt bin ich bislang vom “The Last”. Den muss ich noch 1-2 mal verkosten oder mich der harten Wahrheit stellen, dass meine Geschmacksknospen vermutlich nicht so auf das Profil abgehen, wie die Mehrheit hier

6 Likes

Hab jetzt mal nachgeschaut, hab zwar bis jetzt nur 17 verschiedene bis verkosten können, aber mein Highlight war der RX258 (danke an @Jakob fĂŒrs bereitstellen beim Franconian Gang goes Tiki Tasting), sowie der RX1573 den ich beim 1.GAF am Catawiki Stand probieren konnte.
Der wohl schlechteste war von S.B.S The Beast #3

Bin nun auf den Paradise gespannt, den Jakob gesplitet hat und irgendwann komme auch ich vieleicht nochmal in den Genuss den “The Last” probieren zu können.
Auf jedenfall super coole Aktion!
Glaube ich splite bis dahin nochmal 462 Flaschen um meine Chancen zu erhöhen. :wink:

10 Likes

@oliver and Team: Thanks for this great blog article summarizing a great event. I’ll print it on paper and read it at my regular coffeehouse. :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck:

Caroni is like sex. Even if it’s bad, it’s good. :rofl: :rofl:

My favourites until now are the HTR 1982 RX1217 and the HTR 1994 RX5304.
I also love the Bristol HTR 1997-2015 RX358, a bottle I have fonds memories of.
I also have to say I prefer the Extra Strong 17 RX60 over the Extra Strong RX39, it is more “Caroni”.

9 Likes