X2 App Feedback

Hi there, short Feedback about the X2 app: when I open some sub categories, then I am automatically in search mode (meaning the cursor is blinking within the search field, and the screen keyboard takes half the screen). This is a bit annoying.

Also, I am missing the costs for samples, or at least they are not imported from x1. Also, I do not understand the price tags. In overview the bottle i.e. has an Icon of a person with a price next to it (70€), but this does not correspond with the price shown in the summary of the bottle (which I assume is an average, if multiple bottles exist). In this case it would be one bottle only, but the price is 71€ instead of 70€.

Hello Marc,

thank you for your feedback! I just had a closer look at your points.

I can’t reproduce the behavior that the search automatically opens when clicking on a flavor category. Can you please tell me your device name, OS version and currently used RumX version (visible at the bottom of the menu)? Then I will try to investigate the problem more closely.

The sample prices should be transferred correctly. I just had a closer look at the corresponding code passages and everything looks fine here. Can you tell me the rum where you observe the behavior? Or are you just missing the average price of your samples on the top level of the rum overview. In fact, only the average bottle price is displayed here for overview reasons. You can see the exact sample prices by clicking on the tile and going down. Here you will find all the details (including the specified place of purchase, date, …).

Users with exotic currencies had problems entering comma values, so I limited the input to whole numbers (for now). The exact specification of comma values will be added again in an upcoming update. Since no comma values are displayed in the new version (comma values are currently simply hidden) it seems that the average calculation does not work properly (but in the background the correct values (including decimal places) are drawn). This is how your described effect occurs. So it is a temporary visualization problem.

Thanks again for your valuable feedback. I’m really grateful for every message and every suggestion for improvement to make the app a little bit better every day. :slight_smile:

Hi, I have the newest version, 0.13.1 installed, run Android Version 10 and Kernel 4.14. 116.

I go to Xtend, and every time I open bottles or samples (where there is a search field for ID etc.) search automatically is selected (blinking cursor within the search field) and this in turn triggers my on screen keyboard as input is expected.

The second issue: I have this with all my Rums in the Xtend view. I go to general overview, and any single bottle there with a price gets one Euro added I the details view, where there will be a average price if there a more than one bottle. I believe this is, because I have a price of 70.50€ and the app rounds up at one place and cuts of the cents in another.

1 Like

Perfect, thanks for the additional information. That way I can investigate the behavior further. :blush::raised_hands:t3:

So you would prefer that when you go into your collection overview the search is not automatically activated? Especially in larger collections I find it quite nice to be able to jump directly to the right rums.

Just to be sure again: This is an independent issue from the one described initially regarding tag selection in a tasting? Or did you originally mean the keyboard behavior in the collection as well?

I’m also taking a closer look at the rounding problem today, and will provide a fix in the next update so that the behavior is consistent.

Again, a big thanks for your feedback! :slight_smile:

Yeah, I sometimes go to search within my list, it is not so big that I need to use search fields, especially as the default filter does hide empty bottles.

This is the same issue as I described above. I think, if I want to use the search function, it should be activated manually, as one tap to the search field does not matter if I already need to type several letters. But perhaps, as user preferences always differ, there is good argument for both possibilities. Maybe an on/off switch in the settings menu (“Automatically select search when browsing my collection”) then?

Also what I just saw: is it by design that filters set for xtend->bottles for exame reset to default when going to the same place at a later time?

Regarding the rounding issue: I cannot enter cent values (like 3.30 or 70,50) for bottles and samples. So in one view this just gets cut off, I believe. As I have such values in X1, and the data got imported from there, the formula may still get those cent values and round up.

Another thing I noticed: the app does not show the full name of a rum properly, if the string is too long. Chairman’s Reserve Masters Selection (possibly some additional notes like Evanius Harris or so are part of the name as well) gets cut of in the listing at Masters, but the rum details do not show this name anywhere. So if there are more than one masters selection, how to find the right one easily?

Thanks for pointing that out, @MarcT. I’ve adjusted the UI in the upcoming 0.14.1 release so that longer names are fully displayed. :slight_smile: :raised_hands:

Seit kurzem habe ich Probleme mit RumX2 es stockt ziemlich und manchmal lädt die App keine Daten … es läuft bei mir auf Android 12 .
Vielleicht ist es nicht nur bei mir so .

1 Like

Danke für den Hinweis, @SaibotZtar! Ich upgrade mein Android-Testgerät gerade auf die Version 12 und untersuche das Problem. :slight_smile: :raised_hands:

Zwei kurze Fragen, um das Problem besser eingrenzen zu können:

• Tritt der Fehlschlag beim Laden der Daten bei jedem App-Start auf oder nur machmal?
    Stocken nur bestimmte Screens (wenn ja, welche?) oder ist die grundsätzliche Performance schlechter geworden?

Danke für Deine Unterstützung! :pray:

1 Like

Hey. Also das stocken ist leider permanent… ähnlich wie wenn die Rechenleistung eines PCs nicht ausreicht daher nutze ich derzeit nur die erste RumX Version.

Das Daten nicht geladen werden passiert jedes 2. mal … muss die App dann 2-3 mal schließen und öffnen dann lädt sie .

Grüße Tobi

Dieses Problem hatte ich komischerweise mit der ersten RumX Version. Seit der neuen Beta ist das Problem bei mir weg.

Hi,

Ich habe manchmal auch 0 flaschen/samples im Inventar. Ein Refresh (also einmal neu laden auslösen indem ich kurz runterwische) löst das Problem. Liegt das evtl daran, dass die DB auch von V1 benutzt wird?

Ich habe das Problem auf meinem Testgerät leider nicht reproduzieren können. Nach Prüfung des Codes ist mir aber eine mögliche Ursache aufgefallen, die ich im kommenden Update (v0.18.5, Build 170) behoben habe. Ich bitte um kurze Meldung, falls das Problem dort immer noch bei Dir auftritt. Danke für Deinen Support! :slight_smile: :pray:

1 Like

Die Optimierung ist jetzt in iOS und Android live. Tritt das Problem bei Euch noch auf?

1 Like

Momentan läuft die App stabil, ich denke das Problem ist gelöst.
Danke dafür :+1:

ich bin mir nicht sicher, ob es hier passt, aber ich hänge mich einfach mal dran :wink: Die überarbeitete ‚Anzeigehierarchie’ im Community Feed gefällt mir gut, d.h. dass Kommentare vorrangig erscheinen, gefolgt von den Noten an der Nase und am Gaumen, und der spider web chart nur ‚auf Nachfrage’ d.h. beim Antippen der Symbole.

Wo ich eine gewisse Redundanz sehe, ist bei den Nutzerbeiträgen einer Flasche. Ich gelange einerseits dort hin durch Anklicken des Community Ratings der Flasche in der Flaschenansicht. Andererseits gibt es aber auch die Möglichkeit über den ‚aufgeklappten’ Profil-Reiter am Ende in die Nutzerbeiträge zu gehen. Ich finde den Weg über das Community-Rating einfacher, zumal dort auch mehr Auswahlmöglichkeiten bestehen (top/schlechteste).

Ich muss aber auch gestehen, dass ich es noch nicht optimal finde. Da ich die Nutzerbeiträge-Funktion (‚feed anzeigen‘ wie sie in der ‚alten‘ app genannt ist) sehr häufig nutze, würde ich gerne mit einem Klick direkt aus dem Community Feed dorthin gelangen, zB durch Anklicken des Community Ratings im Community Feed oder ggf. als Symbol rechts neben dem Marktpreis. Zur Veranschaulichung habe ich ein Foto beigefügt. Der Button könnte natürlich etwas eleganter gestaltet werden, aber mehr geben die technischen Möglichkeiten meines Handys nicht her :wink: Der Button würde dann bisher die Nutzerbeiträge einfach chronologisch anzeigen (neueste zuerst). Momentan muss ich drei mal klicken, um aus dem Community Feed in den Flaschen Feed zu gelangen (Flasche > Community Rating > nach Datum), was ich etwas umständlich finde.

Hier ein Request von mir:
In der Ansicht des Review Feeds Xchange geht die individuelle Note des Nutzers etwas verloren, sie ist nicht gut als Teil des reviews zu erkennen. Kann man die Note ggf. anders platzieren oder mehr sichtbar machen als Teil des reviews?, so wirkt es als gehöre es mehr zu den allgemeinen Rum Eigenschaften wie Name, ID etc…

2 Likes

Stimme zu. Die jeweilige Bewertung habe ich am Anfang gar nicht mehr gesehen und dann die durchschnittliche Bewertung für die individuelle gehalten. Fand die alte Logik mit großer Nummre udn kleiner Nummer gut.

2 Likes

Danke für Euer Feedback! :raised_hands:
Die neue Darstellung ist tatsächlich sehr dezent. Im neuen Update habe ich die persönliche Wertung des Nutzers im neuen Sterne-Stil hervorgehoben:

9 Likes

Im aktuellen Update (0.18.9 175) habe ich nun noch die folgenden Features implementiert:

• Preiseingabe mit Kommas
  • Export der Sammlung (Flaschen und Samples) im CSV-Format
  • Unterstützung gemischter Währungen in der Sammlung

Damit wäre ich von meiner Seite aus release-ready! :partying_face: :tumbler_glass:

Gibt es von euerer Seite aus noch Punkte, die unrund sind oder die ihr im offiziellen Release vermissen würdet? Ich freue mich hier über jedes Feedback! :raised_hands:

2 Likes