X2 App Feedback

Hallo Oliver, mir sind keine Fehler mit der skalierten Schrift aufgefallen.
Der einzige Nachteil ist, dass die textuelle Beschreibung oft “abgeschnitten” und damit manchmal mehrdeutig ist.
Deshalb mein Vorschlag die Anordnung so zu ändern, dass der Text die komplette Breite des Screens zur Verfügung hat. Das Bild und die Ratings würden dann nebeneinander stehen.

Edit: Mit “Text” meine ich die Daten zum Rum (Abfüller, Name, Destille, RXID, Vol%, …

Eine Andere Kleinigkeit ist mir aufgefallen: die Information, von dem die Verkostung stammt ist redundant: einmal ganz oben in der “Titelzeile” der Bewertung und nochmal unter der Bewertung (weißer Stran).

1 Like

Danke für Deine Rückmeldung! :slight_smile: :raised_hands:

Im anstehenden Update v10.0.13 (siehe Anhang) habe ich das UI so umsortiert, dass leere Flächen minimiert werden und mehr Platz für größere Schriftarten ist.

Gib mir dann gerne Bescheid, wie Du die Verbesserungen findest und ob ich noch weitere Punkte optimieren kann. :slight_smile: :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

That’s better for me yes

1 Like

Ja, das sieht besser aus, danke! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Perfect

Perfect, I use to click on the logo but doesn’t work : we have to click on the “Blog” word to see all of them, then we can read each ones. Maybe add a link when we click on the logo.

For links to shop, I understand but maybe you can moderate (like when we propose you changing to a bottle or another people you trust). Whatever time you take to add it. You can also let the possibility to propose you to remove the old ones : I use Whiskybase (maybe you know them) for whisky and that works.

Should be really great.

• Also, we used to see different lists for auctions prices rather community prices : now it’s only 1 list merging both.

• Also, I think that an anonymous (not registred as far) will cannot rate rums.

• And I still think to put 2 letters of the country of the bottle (like JM for Jamaica) is not really interested in the first look of the bottle (when we rate or we see it in collection or elsewhere) : if we want to see it, we can open details of the bottle. Better maybe to put a special place for the mark when available (ifnot nothing).

• Is it possible also to clean a little bit to not seen monthes of the age ? The years only is OK.

• Last point I’ve seen is about bottle without distillation date or I don’t know what (like Navy Blend Velier) : there is a “&” at the beginning of what we see of the resume of the bottle. A bit weird.

Of course, still great job Oliver (I’m in 10.016)

Edit 1 : 2 other points.

• another point is about the collection value. When there is link registered to a shop with price so, you take this reference to calculate the value of the bottle. I think the better is to take the last auction price cause, sometimes, there is a bi difference. For example Hampden Great House 2021 : the app use the price of 329,90€ from whiskytemple which is ridiculous instead of the last auction which is 166€ (almost half price). I think it will be more realistic.

• I was thinking also about links we put inside topics like “Available rarities”. These topics are not protected so everybdoy in the world can see it and just have to check it without registering there. I use to be part of another french forum (Whisky-distilleries) and the “business” part is hidden (sell bottles, share samples or information to find nice bottlings) to keep these information for people really invested in the forum.

Edit 2 :

• There is also something not really importnat but, if it does exist, it rather goes well : when you are inside Your collection => Statistics, the statistics starts only with full bottle. We can click to add open bottles and even empt bottles which is nice to see how much we spent. But market value is also increasing with open and empty bottles which is not correct cause we can’t sell it anymore. I think you just have to keep for the price paid but only figure out full bottle for market value.

• When we are in Xtend (Collection or wishlit or even samples), is it possible to have a “regular” filter after the distillery filter ? I mean : if I have 15 Hampden, I will have always different places inside Hampden category. Maybe, after distillery, you can add distillation year or bottler or whatever you want, just to see them always in the same order (currently, my Great House 2020 is first and my Great House 2021 is last, which is a bit weird I think).

1 Like

Hi Oliver,
die Aktualisierung läuft immer noch nicht so ganz rund!
Es werden bei mir immer nur die letzten 7 Stunden aktualisiert… danach kommt ein Sprung auf 18 Stunden!
Die dazwischenliegenden Verkostungen sind dann weg!
Gruß Michael

Schau ich mir direkt an! :raised_hands:t3:

You are right about this. Problems are for example VSGB bottles or in general bottles with more than one size. Also there are shops with prices out there which are just unrealistic for a market price. All this destroys the market value evaluation completely.

1 Like

Hallo Michael,
bei der Performance-Optimierung des Feeds ist mir ein kleiner Fehler unterlaufen. Das Problem sollte nun in der Version 10.0.19 behoben sein. :slight_smile: :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

The current display of the “raw data” is only a temporary solution. On my roadmap is the revision of the view - especially by using easy-to-read charts and visualizations.

In addition, I plan to further optimize and fine-tune the calculation of the market price in the near future. As the most weighted factor, auction prices will then flow in and outlier algorithms will be used to minimize inconsistent user prices.

4 Likes

Hi Oliver,
jetzt funktioniert es wieder :+1:t2: Meine email von gerade kannst Du dann löschen!
Gruß Michael

1 Like

Hmm…also bei mir ruckeln beide, Rumx und Rumx2 ohne Ende :thinking:

Die Beta wird nicht mehr mit Updates versorgt und demnächst vom Store entfernt. Kannst Du also gerne löschen. :slight_smile:

Welche Version hast Du in der “normalen” Version im Einsatz? Die Versionsnummer findest Du ganz unten im Menu (links oben aufrufbar).

Ah jetzt läufts weitgehend flüssig, seit ich die ß deinstalliert hab :+1::+1:
Version ist 10.0.16

1 Like

I’ve had some new points to see, if you wanna have a look upper.

1 Like

Thanks for your detailed feedback, Forrest!

I’m happy to share my thoughts with you:

• In the upcoming version 10.0.21, the click area of the blog articles is improved. So you can get directly to the browser page of the article with a targeted click.
  • I take the community-driven care of the store links on my medium-term roadmap and check the feature again when the community has grown further.
  • I will also revise the detailed view of the market price in one of the next updates. Here I want to provide especially more overview by visualizing with charts. Currently only prices of registered users are considered. The display of “Anonymous” is for data protection.
  • The short display of the country was requested by many users. So you can quickly assign the rum to a country, especially in the global search. The abbreviation “&” stands for “Multiple countries”. I put the optimization of the user interface (also with shorter age indication) on my todo list.
  • The revision of the algorithm to calculate the market price is also on my roadmap. Here, auction prices will be weighted much more heavily in the future and the algorithm for detecting outliers will be improved. The (too high) store price would then be a fallback if no auctions were available yet.
  • The display of the “market price” for open and empty bottles is indeed purely fictitious. However, some users have requested this feature to see what value they have just opened or have already incorporated. :smiley::tumbler_glass:
  • Entries within a group are currently sorted by “relevance”. The most popular rums (in terms of frequency of tastings and bottles) are shown at the top of this.

Thanks again for your fantastic feedback! Please feel free to write if you notice any other points or have further feedback on my implemented improvements :relaxed::tumbler_glass:.

2 Likes

Hallo Oliver,
beim Aktualisieren von xchange ist bei mir immer noch ein Bug!
Ich habe es mehrere Tage verfolgt. Nach zweimaligem refresh werden nur noch die ersten 14 neuen Tastings angezeigt…. Danach die Tastings des Vortages!
Dieser Bug wird immer nur kurzfristig behoben, wenn ich eine neue Version von Dir aufspiele!
Meine aktuelle Version ist 10.1.2 (1025)
Gruß Michael

1 Like

Wird direkt analysiert und im nächsten Update gefixt. Danke für den Hinweis! :raised_hands:

Dieses Verhalten kann ich bestätigen - hatte es bisher aber nicht genauer untersucht. Ich habe die App explizit beendet und neu gestartet - dann wurden die Tastings wieder korrekt geladen und angezeigt.
Ich denke das deckt sich mit deiner Beobachtung, da die App nach einem Update automatich beendet und neu gestartet wird.

1 Like

Danke für Eure Hinweise! Ich habe die Ursache jetzt identifiziert und einen Fix im anstehenden Update v10.1.3 implementiert. Danke für Euren Support! :slight_smile: :tumbler_glass:

3 Likes