Exploring Cuban Rum with César Martí

Habe mir nochmal so Gedanken gemacht, vom Geschmack her oder was genau mit wieviel Anteil enthalten sein sollte bin ich absolut flexibel. Da ich auch bei Rum gerne viele verschiedene Arten und vorallem die Vielfalt mag. Glaube das wichtigste ist hier eine Balance zu finden zwischen langer guter Verfügbarkeit bei einem sehr Konsumenten freundlichen Preis ohne ihn die “Süßrum bzw. kommerzecke” abzudriften.
Um es kurz zu fassen ein wahrer Underdogblend, der sowohl Rumneulinge als auch alte Hasen begeistert.

5 Likes

Ein gutes Beispiel für meiner Geschmack einen gelungenen Blend: verlier old navy rum.
Preis/-Leistung ist super und geschmacklich macht sich jeder am besten selber ein Bild. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Though I like Eminente, let’s look beyond that.

I would then blend Zacapa 23 with Ron Esclavo XO and AH Riise Ultra Rare. All pretty commercial rums. yes, I now. But I like buttery silky smooth rums with tones of chocolate, tobacco, toffee, and sometimes vanilla.

For that reason it could also blend with Cartavio XO, Equiano, and Pampero Anniversario.

I think my buddies from my Dutch based rum tasting club (Aged on Eastwood) would love it. They would also love if one of us would be able to join the Eminente tasting. Either me or Rene Kenter, who also has several Eminente bottles.

Aged_on_eastwood ← Instagram

5 Likes

Ein guter Blend kombiniert Rums zu einem Endergebnis, das anders nicht erreichbar wäre. Beispielweise die Kombination von zwei Rums aus unterschiedlichen Ländern, aus unterschiedlichen Jahrgängen, oder aus zwei verschiedenen Arten von Distillen. Auf keinen Fall ist ein Blend da, um hochwertige Zutaten für einen niedrigeren Preis zu “strecken”. In einem guter Blend konkurrieren die Zutaten nicht, sondern ergänzen sich gegenseitig.

2 Likes

I remember Eminente rum in a very positive way while trying the sample. It had much more complexity than I expected. A very nice match with my cigar.
A new Eminent blend should follow this path:

• above average abv
  • depth and complexity, multipe flavours
  • no supplements, no sugar, no artificial aromas
  • and still being recognizable in its cuban heritage.
4 Likes

Aus sehr guten Einzelteilen sollte eine noch bessere Kombination werden, wie bei einer guten Ehe :smile:

4 Likes

Ein guter Blend sollte für mich einsteigerfreundlich sein, durch das Blenden kann man ein paar nicht so zugängliche Ecken und Kanten “weg polieren”- zu rund sollte er aber auch nicht sein, der Blend sollte sich dann auf gewisse Ecken und Kanten spezialieren und diese herausarbeiten und in dem nächsten Blend dann den Fokus auf andere Ecken und Kanten legen. So kann jeder Anfänger “seine” Ecken und Kanten nach und nach herausfinden.

4 Likes

Ah, what a question! Being half-Brazilian, I’d love to see more Brazilian rum out in the world. I think something from Epris blended with a moderately funky Jamaican (Worthy Park, I’m thinking) and/or some St Lucia would produce a wonderfully rich and interesting bottle! With the proper balance and age (8 years, I’d say), this would be a regular sipper for me. Oh, and this probably goes without saying: no additives! Cask-strength could be nice, but I’m looking for that sweet spot in ABV between 46% and 55% (I’m lazy sometimes - don’t make me whip out the dropper just to make the juice drinkable!! :sweat_smile:)

Alternate pick: my other half is Puerto Rican, so a blend of Epris and a higher proof, aged Don Q would be awesome, selfishly!!

8 Likes

I would blend an high ester young Hampden with a long aged agricole from Guadalupa, punch and elegance.

2 Likes

3 users welcomed back after a few month of absence
13 new users with their first post in this thread.

All this within 12 days. I think that’s a new record.

12 Likes

Respekt und am Anfang dieses Threads dachte ich, dass sich keine 40 Leute finden und jetzt bange ich um einen Platz, hatte noch nie einen Eminente im Glas und wollte den echt mal probieren. :sweat_smile:
Und da ich fast keine Flaschen und Samples besitze, weiß ich jetzt nicht ob ich bis Jahresende verdursten muss, so please “COUNT ME IN”
:upside_down_face:

7 Likes

Ich hatte das Vergnügen, einen Caroni Velier zu verkosten, der sich von der Masse abhebt – ein Destillat, das sich durch seinen Verzicht auf Zuckerkulör auszeichnet und dennoch eine erstaunlich fruchtige Geschmacksexplosion bietet. Bei jedem Schluck dieses klaren Elixiers wurde ich von einer Welle reifer, tropischer Früchte umspült, die nahtlos in sanfte, süße Untertöne übergingen, ohne dabei durch künstliche Süße überwältigt zu werden. Die Natürlichkeit des Rums kommt in seinem authentischen Aroma zum Ausdruck, das an sonnengereifte Bananen, saftige Ananas und einen Hauch von Mango erinnert. Die Balance zwischen der natürlichen Süße der Früchte und der reinen, unverfälschten Rum-Essenz macht diesen Tropfen zu einem wahren Genuss für Liebhaber des feinen Geschmacks. Ein exzellenter Rum, der zeigt, wie Komplexität und Natürlichkeit Hand in Hand gehen können. Ein Muss für diejenigen, die ihren Gaumen mit einem ehrlichen und unverfälschten Rum verwöhnen möchten.

3 Likes

Hey RumX Community,

We wanted to take a moment to express our heartfelt gratitude for the incredible participation in our recent Eminente Masterclass giveaway. The number and, more impressively, the quality and depth of your responses were truly fantastic. Your insights and creativity have been inspiring – so much so that we’re toying with the idea of a community-driven RumX Blend… :innocent::tumbler_glass:

We’re thrilled to announce that the winners have been selected and notified via email. Please remember, if we don’t hear back from the chosen winners by Saturday, we’ll reach out to successors.

The anticipation for the masterclass is building, and we can’t wait to share this phenomenal evening with you all. Stay tuned for a session filled with exquisite rum, insightful conversation, and shared passion.

Thank you once again for making our RumX community so vibrant and engaged. Here’s to more exciting adventures together!

Cheers! :smiling_face::tumbler_glass:

21 Likes

:crocodile: :tumbler_glass:

:partying_face:

4 Likes

Thank you very much for the organization and the opportunity to participate!

However, we decided yesterday to go on vacation for a few days just before Christmas, so I won’t be able to participate in the event. I would therefore be happy if my set could go to the next person on the list. @Oliver would you please arrange this?

Sorry for the inconvenience! And congrats to all the winners!

Enjoy :tumbler_glass:

8 Likes

I was about to unleash my anger about not being a winner at the next person entering my office at work :face_with_peeking_eye:

Luckily I checked the spam folder beforehand. I are a winna! Thanks!

Tl;dr:
Check your spam folder fellow participants!

8 Likes

Many thanks :pray: :star_struck:

2 Likes

checking my Spam folder Looks like I got lucky!

Is Ruby a new Rum-X employee that wants to hand me the price in person? :thinking:

11 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: nimm aber genügend Geld zu dem Treffen mit

2 Likes

Müsste richtig sein. Einfach auf jeden Link in der Mail clicken, dann klappt das :see_no_evil:

3 Likes